A Career in Teaching
Teaching is considered one of the most sacred and high rated professions in the world.
Teachers are widely respected for their commonly shared qualities such as passion, love, and dedication towards their work and student communities.
In this article, we are going to discuss some of the most significant details regarding teaching career including teaching opportunities for graduation and Postgraduation, Importance of State Eligibility Tests (SET) and National Eligibility Test (NET), and the online teaching prospects in the present scenario.
A career in Teaching after Plus Two
- After completing class 12th, you can go for a two years Diploma in Education (D.Ed.) diploma course or Primary Teacher Training program (PTT)
- Another route to follow is that you can do a four-year integrated degree program in Bachelor of Elementary Education providing training for elementary or primary level teachers.
- Numerous states in India conduct the Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) to recruit Primary School Teachers in Government and Government aided primary schools
A career in Teaching after Graduation
- After completing graduation in your concerned subject, you can do a Bachelor in Education (B.Ed.) degree, which is a teacher training program with a duration of two years.
- One can also do a Master’s degree in concerned subject and then do a Bachelor in Education (B. Ed) to teach higher secondary students.
- After completing B. Ed you can apply for State Eligibility Test (SET) and qualify to pursue the best teaching careers.
- To qualify for central government-run schools and some private schools, you will need to qualify in the Qualifying Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) will help aspirants to grab teaching jobs in various central government-funded schools and private educational institutes.
- Some government or unaided higher secondary schools conduct various tests such as Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) or a State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) to find out eligible candidates for the post of secondary level teachers and higher secondary level teachers respectively.
A career in Teaching after Post Graduation
- The basic qualification required to pursue a career in a college as an assistant professor or lecturer is a Master’s level degree. However, a Ph.D. degree facilitates promotion from the position of a Lecturer to higher positions such as Associate professor.
- After completing a postgraduate degree, you have to apply for the National Eligibility Test (NET) conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and have to qualify it with prescribed cut off Marks.
- A Master’s degree in concerned subject and qualifying National Eligibility Test (NET) are two vital requirements for becoming a lecturer at college. This is the most suitable career pathway for those who are focusing on a college-level career in teaching.
A career in Central-aided Schools such as Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS)
Here are the career profiles and educational qualifications associated with teachers who dream a career in Central-aided schools
|PRT/TGT/PGT||Expansion of Career Profile||Teaching Range||Required Educational Qualifications|
|PRT||Primary Teacher||Teach students of primary level from class 1 to class 5||Diploma in Elementary Education (D.El.Ed)|
|TGT||Trained Graduate Teacher||Teach children up to class 10||B Ed qualification|
|PGT||Post Graduate Teacher||Teach students of higher secondary level ( up to class 12)||Candidates must possess a Post Graduate Degree before applying for a B. Ed course|
Salary of teachers at various levels
A secondary school teacher earns around Rs. 10,000 – 1,00,000 per month or even more considering the experience in the teaching field.
A college teacher may earn about Rs. 50,000 to Rs. 2,00,000 per month according to his or her seniority.
A university teacher may earn around Rs. 60,000 – 2,50,000 per month as per his or her expertise and experience.
A career in Teaching – Advantages
Some of the advantages of a teaching career are listed below
- Job Security and less risk factor
- Well fixed class time duration
- Job Satisfaction
- Unlimited possibilities to explore various areas of education
- Touching the lives of students and transforming them into better citizens
- Better exposure to research and related fields of education
- Better social standing and respect in society
- Attractive salary packages with adequate options for taking leave.
- Enhances self-learning thoughts and actions
A career in Online Teaching
Online teaching is the trend of the hour for covid-19 the unexpected pandemic paved the way for shifting our offline operations to virtual platforms.
Most of the teachers are taking classes online now and it provides with an opportunity to take classes by staying safe within the comfort of one’s own home.
Now the distinction between school, offices, and homes seems to be blurred and online teaching unleashed the vast possibilities of ‘the new normal’ which has become the way of life nowadays.
Read more about Careers
|SL .NO.||EXPLORE CAREER|
|1-||career in content writing|
|2-||career options after b.sc maths|
|3-||career in air force after 12th science|
|4-||career after class 10th|
|5-||career in Bioanalytical science|
|6-||Best Career Options After 10th|
|7-||Best ITI Courses|