Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) Engineer Recruitment Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2021
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) is all set to recruit eligible candidates for various posts of engineers. HPCL always gives a plethora of opportunities to youngsters of India to work in the energy sector.
It is high time for candidates who are interested to join hands with HPCL to prepare well and face the examination with confidence. YOU will get the following syllaus.
- HPCL syllabus for the mechanical engineer,
- HPCL exam syllabus,
- HPCL engineer recruitment 2021 syllabus,
- HPCL civil engineering syllabus,
In this article, we are going to give you a holistic view of the detailed syllabus and exam pattern of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) Engineer Recruitment 2021.
|UPSC Prelims||UPSC CDS|
|NDA MOTIVATION||NDA SYLLABUS|
|UPSC syllabus Hindi pdf||UPSC ISS Syllabus Indian Statistical Service|
|NDA previous year papers||UPSC CMS Combined Medical Service syllabus|
Selection Procedure of (HPCL) Engineer Recruitment
Selection procedure of Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL) Engineer Recruitment 2021 consists of various stages. The details of the same are given below.
- Computer Based Test (General Aptitude Test and Technical/ Professional Knowledge Test)
- Group Tasks
- Personal Interview
The written examination has two parts. Part I and Part II
|Category||Name of the subject||Topics||Total Number of Questions||Total Marks|
|Part I||General Aptitude Test||English Language Quantitative Aptitude Test Intellectual Potential test.||50||50|
|Part II||Technical/Professional Knowledge Test||Questions related to Qualifying degree/Educational background required for the applied position||50||50|
- Time duration of written examination will be 2 Hours.
- There will not be any negative marking
- After the CBT, eligible candidates from the merit list will be called for Group Task and Personal Interview.
Detailed Syllabus of (HPCL) Engineer
Syllabus of General Aptitude
Syllabus of English Language
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze test
- One-word substitutions
- Sentence structure Improvement
- Para jumbles
- Idioms and phrases
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Spotting Mis-spelt words
- Detecting the errors
- Fill in the blanks
Syllabus of Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and Speed
- Fundamental Arithmetical operations
- Number Systems
- HCF and LCM
- Problem on Ages
- Data Interpretation
- Area and Volume
- Profit and Loss
- Pie Chart and Bar Diagrams
- Time and Work
- Simple interest and Compound Interest
- Time and Distance
Syllabus of intellectual potential test
Questions based on intellectual potential test that assess logical reasoning of the candidate.
Syllabus of Concerned Subjects–
Syllabus of Mechanical Engineering
- The Strength of Materials.
- Theory of Machines.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Tool Engineering.
- Engineering Materials.
- Probability and Statistics.
- Differential Equations.
- Numerical Methods.
- The design of Machine Elements
- Operations Research.
- Joining Processes.
- Metal Casting.
- Fluid Mechanics.
- Statistical Mechanics.
- Vector Calculus.
- Refrigeration and air conditioning.
- Forming Processes.
Syllabus of Instrumentation Engineering
- Electronics Instruments
- Analog Electronics
- Analytical and Optical Instrumentation
- Bio-Medical Instrumentation
- Digital Electronic Circuits
- Micro Computers
- Electrical Measurements
- Control Systems
- Electronics Circuits
- Signals and Systems
Syllabus of Civil Engineering
- Soil Mechanics.
- Engineering Mechanics.
- Building Materials
- Quality Surveying.
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering.
- Syllabus of Electrical Engineering
- Systems and Signal Processing
- Basic Electronics Engineering
- Control Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Power Systems
- Electrical Materials
- Computer Fundamentals
- Electrical and Electronic Measurements
- Analog and Digital Electronics
- Electric Circuits and Fields
- Power Electronics and Drives
Salary of engineers in Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
The salary of engineers in HPCL will be INR 50000 to INR 160000 as per E2 Salary Grade.
Approximate Cost to company (CTC) for candidates who got posting in metro cities will be around 15.17 Lakhs.
FAQ HPCL EXAM –
No. There will not be any negative marking.
85% weightage for Computer Based Test, 5% weightage for Group Task, and 10% weightage for personal interview.
15 April 2021