Railway Apprentice Syllabus Exam Pattern – An apprentice can be defined as a person deputed for training in a trade with a target to get absorbed into Government service.
Such apprentices are entitled to a stipend on monthly basis from the government during his/her training period.
Completing an apprentice training does not give any job assurance to candidates who joined for the apprenticeship.
Selection Procedure of Railway Apprentice
There will not be any written test for selecting eligible candidates for Railway Apprenticeship.
Selection Procedure of eligible candidates for engagement of Apprentices for imparting training under the Apprentices Act 1961 is given below.Railway Apprentice Syllabus.
- Merit List
- Document Verification
- Medical Fitness Certificate
The merit list will be prepared by following the below-given factors
- Percentage of marks secured in matriculation (with minimum 50% aggregate marks)
- ITI marks in the trade in which Apprenticeship is to be done.
- The panel will be based on a simple average of marks in the matriculation and ITI.
- More Details of the Central Railway Apprentice Recruitment 2021
|Recruiting Organization||Central Railway|
|Name of the Post||Apprentice|
|Opening of Online Application||06/02/2021|
|Closing of Online Application||05/03/2021|
|Vacancy Details||2532 slots|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Age Restriction||15 Years to 24 Years (As of 01-01-2021)|
|Application Fees||General – Rs. 100 SC/ST/PWD/Women candidates – NIL|
Cluster and Units available for Railway Apprenticeship
|Mumbai||Carriage & Wagon (Coaching) Wadi Bunder, Mumbai Kalyan Diesel Shed Kurla Diesel Shed Sr. DEE (TRS) Kalyan Sr. DEE (TRS) Kurla Parel Workshop Matunga Workshop S&T Workshop, Byculla|
|Bhusawal||Carriage & Wagon Depot Electric Loco Shed, Bhusawal Electric Locomotive Workshop, Bhusawal Manmad Workshop TMW Nasik Road|
|Pune||Carriage & Wagon Depot Diesel Loco Shed|
|Nagpur||Electric Loco Shed, Ajni Carriage & Wagon Depot|
|Solapur||Carriage & Wagon Depot Kurduwadi Workshop|
Educational Qualification for Apprentice
The candidate must be Matriculate or should possess a class 10 board examination certificate with a minimum of 50% Marks in aggregate from a recognized institution.
It is also mandatory to possess an ITI certificate affiliated to NCVT/SCVT in the concerned subject.
Final Merit List of Railway Apprentice
There will not be any written examination or interview for selecting eligible candidates for an apprenticeship in Indian Railways. Candidates will be selected based on the final merit list.
It would be prepared by taking the average of the percentage of marks obtained by the candidate in Matriculation or Class 10 board examination or ITI examination.
Why Join Indian Railways as an apprentice?
Indian Railways apprentices are trained in various trades which enables them to acquire specific skillsets and specialization in their area of interest.
Some of the trades under which Railway apprentices are given training are mentioned below
- Gas & Electric Welder
- AC Mechanic,
- Instrument Mechanic
- Laboratory Assistant (CP)
- Tailor (General)
- Programming & Systems Administration
- Diesel Mechanic
- Electronic Mechanic
- Mechanic Machine Tool Maintenance
- Information Technology and Electronic System Maintenance
Training Period and Stipend of Railway Apprentices
- During the first year of Training, 70% of the minimum wage of semiskilled workers notified by the respective State or Union Territory will be provided as a stipend for those who undergo apprenticeship training
- During the second year of Training, the stipend will be 80% of the minimum wage of semiskilled workers notified by the respective State or Union Territory.
- During the third and fourth year of Training, 90% of the minimum wage of semiskilled workers notified by the respective State or Union Territory will be provided as a stipend for the apprentices.
- Stipends are not fixed rates as they may change from time to time as notified by the Railway Board
Career opportunities after Apprenticeship
Railway Apprentices are given preference in case of recruitment to various posts of Indian Railway. Details of the same are given below.Railway Apprentice Syllabus.
- Skilled Artisans
- Group ‘C’ posts for Engineering Degree and Engineering Diploma holders
- Diesel Electric Assistants
- Group ‘D’ posts.
- Substitutes in Group ‘D’ under powers of general manager in Administration roles.
Read more about Careers