Rajasthan RPSC RAS Syllabus Exam Pattern –
Since you are here, we assume that you are one of the aspirants of Rajasthan RPSC RAS and you are not quite sure about the exam pattern and syllabus. Well, you need not worry in this regard as this article is all you were looking for. This small guide will cover every doubt you might be having about the exam pattern and give you a detailed insight into the syllabus.
So without any further ado, let’s get started.
See also – explore various career
Rajasthan RPSC RAS Exam Pattern
The selection procedure consists of two stages – A written test and an Interview. Candidate’s selection directly depends upon the marks they obtain in both these stages of examination.
The written test will be conducted in two phases – Pre and Mains. Let’s take a look at both one by one.
|General Knowledge & General Science||200||3 hours|
- As shown in the table above, there will be only one subject in preliminary exam.
- The question paper will be completely objective type.
- The standard/difficulty of the question paper will be of graduation level.
- The marks scored in preliminary exam will be counted in qualifying to Main exam only and not in the preparation of merit list.
|Sr. No.||Paper||Maximum Marks|
|Paper 1||General Studies 1||200|
|Paper 2||General Studies 2||200|
|Paper 3||General Studies 3||200|
|Paper 4||General Hindi & General English||200|
- There will be 4 papers and each paper will consist of 200 marks.
- Time given for each of these papers will be 3 hours.
- The exam type will be descriptive.
- General Hindi and general English papers’ standard will be of sr. secondary level.
Candidates who clear the Main exam will be considered eligible and called for the interview. take a look at a few important bullet points:
- The interview will carry 100 marks.
- The candidates will be awarded additional marks for their chreacter, personality, address, physique, and the knowledge of Rajasthani culture.
- Candidates with ‘C’ certificate of N.C.C. will be given preference.
See also – UPSC SYLLABUS
Rajasthan RPSC RAS Syllabus
The syllabus for preliminary and main will be like this:
(i) Rajasthan specific Parts
- Literature, Tradition, Culture, Art, History, and Heritage of Rajasthan
- Geography of Rajasthan
- Administrative and Political System of Rajasthan
- Economy of Rajasthan
- Current Affairs – Rajasthan
(ii) General Topics
- Indian History – Ancient, Medieval, Modern
- Geography – Indian. World
- Indian Political System, Constitution and Governance
- Economic Concepts and Indian Economy
- Science and Technology
- Reasoning and Mental Ability
- Current Affairs
(i) General Studies 1
- Soicology, Management, Accounting & Auditing
(ii) General Studies 2
- Administrative Ethics
- General Science & Technology
- Earth Science (Geography and Geology)
(iii) General Studies 3
- Indian Political System, World Politics and Current Affairs
- Concepts, Issues and Dynamics of Public Administration and Management
- Sports and Yoga, Behaviour and Law
(iv) General Hindi and General English
- Grammar and Usage
- Comprehension, Translation and Precis Writing
- Composition & Letter Writing
Apply online/official website – https://rpsc.rajasthan.gov.in/
Rajasthan RPSC RAS FAQs
Ans: There will not be any kind of negative marking.
Ans: The merit list will be prepared based on the marks scored in the Main exam and the interview.
Ans: To apply for Rajasthan RPSC RAS, the candidate must have a degree from a recognized university/institute.
Ans: The selection procedure for Rajasthan RPSC RAS includes a written test which will be conducted in two phases – pre and main. Once the candidate successfully passes the main exam, he will be called for a personal interview.