Are you all prepared for UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021? We better hope you are. And to ensure that, we are here with the syllabus and exam pattern of UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021.
This article will explain everything in detail, so you can prepare yourself accordingly.
Let’s dive into it.
UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam Pattern
If we talk about the exam pattern or selection procedure, it will go like this:
- Written Test
Candidates who qualify for both stages will be considered for final merit. Let’s take a detailed look into them one by one.
See also – Career in Online Teaching
1) Written Test
The written test will carry 100 questions, totaling 200 marks (2 marks for each question). All these questions will be divided up between General Knowledge and an optional subject. Look at the table below for more clarity.
|Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
So, as shown in the above table, there will be 30 questions relating to general knowledge (for 60 marks) and 70 questions about an optional subject for 140 marks.
See Also – Career in the Indian Army as an officer
- All the questions will be objective type MCQs.
- The duration of the test will be 2 hours.
- There will not be any kind of negative marking.
- The written exam will be conducted at Prayagraj.
Only the candidates who qualify for the written test will be called for the interview. The interview will carry 30 marks so the total of marks (written test + interview) is 230. Aspirants who perform well at interviews will be considered for the final selection.
UPHESC Assistant Professor Syllabus –
The syllabus for UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam 2021 will be as following:
(i) Current affairs
- Current Research in the Field of Science
- Sport News
- Personalities in News
- Major events & current affairs — National/International.
(ii) Teaching and Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning & Methods
- Teaching: Nature, Objectives, Need, Methods Evaluation and Factor Affecting Teaching
- Role of UGC in Qualitative Development in Higher Education
- Data: Source, Collection and Analysis.
(iii) Information and Communication Technology
- Basics of Internet & E-mailing
- General Abbreviation and Terminology
- ICT: Meaning, Advantages and Disadvantages.
(iv) People and Environment
- Environmental Control
- People & Environment Interaction
- National & International affairs for better Environment
- Environmental Depredation: Cause and Solution.
(v) Indian History and Geography
- Indian National Movement (1857-1950)
- Indian Geography (General)
- Origin of Universe and Solar System
- Salient Features of Indian Culture
(vi) Indian Constitution and Economy
- Indian political system : Legislative Executive and Judiciary
- Election Commission and Public Service Commission
- Population, Poverty, Unemployment; Planning and Development; Income Tax
- Agriculture, Industry, Trade; Money, Currency, Banking and Capital Market.
- Preamble, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles
See Also – Career in Career Counselling
UPHESC Assistant Professor Exam FAQs
Ans: There will not be any kind of negative marking.
Ans: The final merit list will be prepared based on the combined marks obtained in the written test and interview.
Ans: The candidate must have a master degree from a recognized university/institute with 55% of marks.
Ans: In order to be selected for UPHESC Assistant Professor, a candidate needs to qualify for the written test followed by an interview.